About the Rainforest Realities Blog
The Rainforest Realities Blog is a place for open dialogue about news, events and issues related to our forests, wildlife and indigenous communities in Indonesia, as well as other parts of the world. We will discuss a range of topics, including biodiversity; climate change and carbon storage; wood legality and deforestation; the “triple bottom line” of people, planet and profit; our communities; and eco-innovation. We hope you will join the conversation through the “Comments” section of the blog.
Rules of Engagement
We invite various points of view, and we respect differences of opinion. As authors of the blog, we’re committed to communicating in an open, honest and respectful manner, and we ask the same of our readers. To that end, we’ve established the following rules of engagement:
- You do not need to register to read the Rainforest Realities Blog; however, simple registration is required in order to leave a comment. We will not publish anonymous comments.
- Because this website is in English, we ask that you please post comments in English. We will not be able be post comments in other languages.
- Comments must be on-topic and related to an individual post.
- Comments must be respectful to Rainforest Realities bloggers, fellow readers and the individuals featured in the posts.
- We will not post comments that contain the following:
- Spam, profanity, threatening or abusive language.
- Comments related to sensitive legal or financial matters.
- Comments that are inappropriate, disrespectful or off-topic.
- Material that infringes upon the copyright, trademark, publicity rights or other rights of a third party.
- We can’t reply to all comments, but we will respond to as many as possible, paying particular attention to recurring themes or questions raised by our readers.
- All comments are moderated, so they do not appear on the blog immediately. We will review comments for compliance with these “Rules of Engagement” and do our best to publish comments as quickly as possible from the time they are submitted.
Please note that blog posts are personal views and may not reflect the company’s view. In the spirit of blogging, we will link to other sites and references and never claim information owned by others to be ours. Links to and from the Rainforest Realities Blog do not imply an endorsement.
Thanks for reading the Rainforest Realities Blog. (Updated: April 2011)